Копирайтинг на тему криптовалют на английском написала носитель языка, экономист, которая работает в данном секторе более 10 лет. Статья содержит краткий обзор самых популярных цифровых валют: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance Coin.
Cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency that you can use to pay for goods and services. You can either buy and sell when the spot price is favorable or hold it for a longer period so it can appreciate in value.
This currency is different from fiat currency because it is based on a decentralized system. There is no central issuing body or government interference. The system is cheaper, faster, and more transparent.
Although digital currency is still a new concept and many nations of the world are trying to embrace it, there are several types to choose from. According to Statista, there are approximately 10,000 digital currencies as of 2022. This may overwhelm you if you’re just getting started. To help you set out on the right foot, we will share some important cryptocurrencies you can buy and hold at any time.
We can never talk about virtual currencies without first mentioning Bitcoin. It is the digital asset that gave birth to other cryptos available today. Founded in 2009, Bitcoin has received a lot of criticism yet millions of people own it.
Bitcoin is based on blockchain, a digital ledger that no one can edit or erase. This makes it fraud-proof. As of 2016, Bitcoin was worth $500 but in 2022, its value has increased to $44,000.
- Transactions are fast and extremely inexpensive.
- No 3rd party interference
- Data is confidential and stored in blockchain, so you can remain anonymous
- High level of security
- Prices are very volatile
- There’s no regulation currently, which may result in scams
- If your wallet isn’t backed up with a phrase code, you may lose all your assets forever
Ethereum is second-generation crypto and it is quite different from Bitcoin because of the extra features it offers. It works more like a decentralized computing system that runs on a network of devices. Ethereum supports financial transactions, smart contracts, and DApps (decentralized applications).
When ETH launched in 2014, it started at $0.31 per coin. In 202, its value is approaching $3000. The price started rising in 2021 because an NFT was sold for about 38,000 ETH. Ethereum has potential because of its technological developments. However, its price is unpredictable.
- Performs fast and secure transactions to any part of the world at an affordable price.
- The mining process is easy and does less harm to the environment.
- It is highly decentralized
- It offers more than the regular cryptocurrency such DApps, DeFi (decentralized finance) projects, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and smart contracts.
- It has an active community of developers, thereby, reducing the chances of fraud.
- Network congestion due to its large user base.
- ETH is not capped, which means if the market becomes saturated, the currency will lose value.
- Transaction fees are costly because people prefer to invest in ETH rather than making payments.
Binance Coin (BNB)
This digital asset was created in 2017 by Binance, one of the biggest crypto exchanges. It was created to facilitate trades on Binance. However, investors can now trade BNB for other coins such as ETH and BTC. They can also process payments and book travel arrangements with it.
Binance coin was initially based on the Ethereum blockchain. But it has moved to its own platform known as the Binance Chain. BNB started at $0.15 but in 2022, it is worth around $400.
- It offers dual utility: for transactions on the Binance exchange and outside the Binance ecosystem.
- Fast transactions and low fees.
- Users get a discount when making payments on the Binance exchange.
- Binance, the creator of BNB is a fast-growing company. Hence, the coin has a lot of growth potential.
- It is centralized; Binance can influence the coin.
- Regulators have been after Binance in different countries. This might result in a ban on the coin in those countries.
- Many cyber attackers are targeting Binance.
Cryptocurrencies have come to stay but the question is: where should you invest your money? We shared the top 3 digital coins you should consider due to their track record of resilience on the market. Before choosing one, consider the following:
- The transaction fees
- The speed of transactions
- Ease of use for bank transfers and regular purchases
Remember that crypto is not a Ponzi scheme or a promise that you will get rich overnight. Treat it as a long-term investment.